Email newsletters: a guide
We understand that signing up to a newsletter can sometimes be frustrating. Here’s our short guide to on how to sign up, unsubscribe and solve your inbox conundrums. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
The Outlier sends out newsletters on different topics and at different frequencies. Visit our Newsletter page to see what is on offer.
How do I sign up?
- Choose the newsletter you’d like to sign up for and enter your email address
- An email address is all we need. You will receive a confirmation email in your inbox
I can’t find my newsletter. What must I do?
Check your spam folder: Sometimes email filters can be a bit overzealous. Here’s how to make sure our newsletter lands where you can find it, although the details may vary slightly depending on your email provider.
- Look for our email in the updates or promotions tab. If you find it there, drag it to the primary tab or mark it as important
- If it’s not there, then try searching your spam or junk folder for the email. Once you find it, unmark it as ‘spam’ and it should appear in your Inbox. Or you can move it to your primary inbox
- Don’t forget to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list
- If you’d like instructions specific to your email client, there’s a detailed guide on email marketer AWeber’s website
Check your inbox isn’t full: Sometimes your email client (such as Gmail or Outlook) limits the volume of emails you can receive. If your inbox is full, free up some space by deleting some old emails.
How do I unsubscribe?
As much as we value you, you’re free to leave at any time.
To unsubscribe, simply follow these steps:
- Scroll to the bottom of any edition of the newsletter
- Click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link. This will remove you from our mailing list
If you have any suggestions or comments you think will help us improve, let us know
Why can’t I view links in my newsletter?
We often include links to charts, tools and other content on The Outlier website in our newsletters. To access this content, you’ll need to be logged in to The Outlier. The process for new and returning members is similar:
- Simply enter your email address and we’ll email you a confirmation link. This means you don’t have to remember any passwords
- Once you click on that link, you’ll be returned to the site and be able to access the content
How do I change my email address?
To update your email address, you’ll need to unsubscribe using your old email and then resubscribe with your new email address. You will find subscribe/unsubscribe options in the newsletter.
How do I share my ideas for the newsletter with you?
We always appreciate hearing from you. The best way to share your feedback or suggestions is to send us an email.